Dragons v Broncos match report


Catalans Dragons (16) 40
: Leon Pryce, Louis Anderson 2, Thomas Bosc, Daryl Millard, Antoni Maria, Morgan Escaré
: Thomas Bosc 6

London Broncos (6) 24
: Denny Solomona, Mason Caton-Brown, Iliess Macani, Nick Slyney
G : Josh Drinkwater 4

Catalan Dragons ran out 40-24 winners against the London Broncos to march through to the fifth round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup.
Leon Pryce rolled back the years to inspire the Dragons to only their second win of the year and keep the Broncos winless for 2014.

Pryce opened the scoring in the fourth minute, Thomas Bosc's kick being knocked back by Ben Pomeroy into Pryce's hands and the former Great Britain half raced around under the posts to score.

After 12 minutes Catalans were in again, Pryce's dummy and pass creating space down the left and Louis Anderson was the beneficiary of good work by Daryl Millard and Vincent Duport as the former Kiwi touched down 10 metres in from the left-hand touchline.

Ten minutes later and Catalans effectively killed the game off. Pryce broke down the left edge and passed inside to Anderson, who was tackled just before the line but managed to offload inside to Bosc - who touched down to score.

Just before the half-hour mark, London broke upfield and a high kick on the last from Josh Drinkwater saw Denny Solomona jump highest to claim the bomb and touch down under the posts.

The Catalans continued to run riot after the break, scoring twice in the opening 10 minutes of the half.

The first was from Millard after a set play from a scrum that saw Bosc, Pryce and Morgan Escare all combine to send the Fijian winger in at the corner.

The second went to Antoni Maria. After great work by Pryce set Escare racing clear, the full-back was well supported by Bosc and Benjamin Garcia before touching down to the right of the posts.

With twenty five minutes to play, Anderson got his second try of the night, taking Bosc's chip kick, spinning and touching down to the left of the posts.

On the hour mark, the Broncos scored their second try of the night. Drinkwater was again the creator, sending Mason Caton-Brown in for a well-worked try.

Drinkwater was again the creator eight minutes from time as he gave a neat inside ball to Iliess Macani for the winger to barge his way over to score to the right of the posts.

Catalans were not finished, racing back with a try of their own to put their final stamp on the game.

A neat move which again involved Pryce saw Escare dummy his way over the line to score and take the score to 40-18.

However, London had the final say with 20 seconds remaining, with Nick Slyney racing over under the posts.